Wednesday 4 November 2015

Beijing (11th October 2015)

On the way to the Wall, we got to see a little of Beijing's architecture from the bus.




Some of the construction from the Olympics has not stood the test of time:

It was a lovely day for wall climbing.

Our tour guide told us that we would not be true men until we had climbed the wall (probably quoting Mao, but don't quote me).
There's a lot of steps up there. How much of a man do I really want to be?
Argh! I'm up on the wall and I forgot to bring a padlock. How will my marriage last?
Hmmm. Nice view from up here. Could man-up further. Could go back down and have a coffee with Lyn. Decisions.

Next stop: The Jade Factory
Interesting job for the trainee jade carver: carving holes in spheres in holes in spheres in ...
Apparently these balls are good for holding your family together.

Nice bath toy here. I wonder how well it floats.
Ooh, a dragon turtle! I like dragon turtles.


Next: a romp in the park at the Summer Palace.
And any covered walkway you can build, I can build longer.

After that, we had the acrobatics show - including a large spherical cage for motorbikes to ride around in. Impressive to watch; not so good for getting happy snaps with a phone camera.

No comments: